Polymer Clay Tools
Whether you're experimenting with mixed media or making beautiful jewelry, having the right polymer clay tools is just as important as using the right clay. As a beginner clayer, you may only be looking for the absolute essentials to get started. For a more experienced crafter, however, you may be on the hunt for the latest tools, tips and tricks for taking your clay creations to the next level.
Basic Polymer Clay Starter Kit
One of the best things about putting together a basic polymer clay starter kit is that you likely have most of the items you need lying around your home. To get started working with polymer clay, make sure you have:
- - A ball stylus.
- - A long scraper blade.
- - Needle tool.
- - A craft knife.
- - A rod or roller.
- - An old toothbrush.
- - An oven — Sculpey® polymer clay is safe to bake, so your home oven will do just fine.
- - Oven thermometer
Upgrade Your Polymer Clay Tools
As a seasoned clayer, you're probably eager for some insights into a more advanced set of polymer clay tools. You can think of these upgraded craft tools as an investment for the long term:
- - Pasta machine motor: A pasta machine makes the process of conditioning polymer clay efficient and easier on your hands.
- - Clay oven: This one seems simple. As an experienced crafter, you're probably well aware of the significance of an oven that will reach and maintain the proper temperature through the baking process. Your home oven will work fine for baking polymer clay projects — just make sure you have an oven thermometer so you can routinely check that your oven is at the correct temperature.
- - Slicer: A slicer will allow you to produce repeatable, paper-thin slices of large sections of polymer clay, as well as tiny canes.
- - Extruder:Extruders will enable you to create a log in a specific shape by squeezing clay through a disc.
Find Your Favorite Polymer Clay Tools From Sculpey®
Ready to get inspired? Head on over to our projects page to view some incredible pieces from our friends and fans. Or, shop our vast inventory of polymer clay tools explicitly designed to make crafting easy and fun.