ESSENTIAL CLAY INFORMATION FOR BEGINNERS
Welcome to the colorful world of polymer clay! Whether it’s mixed media, beadwork, sculpting, or home décor, clay allows us to express our imaginations through our hands — and the medium that allows the most possibilities is oven bake clay. Polymer clay has some amazing features that are better than other types of clay available on the market. It will not dry out. When you work with other types of clay, you have to worry about finishing your project in one sitting because the clay will dry out and become unusable. Polymer clay stays soft until you bake it in your home oven. Sculpey clay is durable. When you create with polymer clay your items will not crack, shatter or break easily. Polymer clay starts out soft but when baked in your home oven it becomes strong and durable.
ESSENTIAL PRODUCTS TO GET STARTED CREATING WITH CLAY
PROJECTS PERFECT FOR PEOPLE NEW TO CLAY
Welcome to the wonderful world of crafting! At Sculpey®, we have a wide range of products designed with beginners in mind to help you create clay creations effortlessly. For beginners with an interest in clay, our polymer clay is ideal for finding your own style as a clayer because of its easy-to-sculpt formula that stays soft until you bake it in your home oven.
Our Sculpey® oven-bake clay is also a great medium for any creation you have in mind. Whether you want to start with small, multimedia accents or create stunning earrings, you'll quickly learn clay techniques that will start your journey off right.
The Benefits of Polymer Clay
The main benefit of using polymer clay at the beginning of your crafting journey is its unique formulation. Our Sculpey® polymer clay stays soft and flexible until it's baked. Because it remains pliable, it's a great clay for beginners to use.
Its unique formula will let you craft all day until you get your design exactly how you pictured it. It will also maintain its shape, allowing you to add in extra details. You can even learn how to craft with your kids. If they leave their project and come back to it later, their clay will be just as pliable as they left it.
Tips for Using Polymer Clay
When you're using polymer clay for the first time, you can incorporate a few tips into your craft session to make it even more of a success:
- Use effective tools: With whatever design you have in mind, tools will make your crafting process even easier. By using our Sculpey Tools™ Clay Tool Starter Set, you'll become a clay pro in no time!
- Store your clay properly: Our polymer clay doesn't dry out, so you don't have to worry about using air-tight packaging. However, organizing it by type and color is helpful for future crafts.
- Paint your creation: After you've baked your polymer clay, you can add additional details with acrylic paint, which will make your first project more eye-catching and unique.
Easy Beginner Projects
If you want inspiration for your first polymer project, we have various ideas for clay beginners that will make you fall in love with crafting and give you the skills you need to become a pro clayer. A few of our beginner projects include:
- Plant vases: You can create an eye-catching vase for your plants with our Sculpey Premo™ clay. Choose your favorite colors and craft away!
- Carved wall tile: Make your walls unique by creating one-of-a-kind tiles. Once our polymer clay is baked, you can carve a mandala or striped design into it.
- Bangle bracelets: Our Sculpey III® clay comes in a wide selection of finishes such as metallic and glitter, which are ideal for creating stunning bracelets.
Shop Our Polymer Clay and Start Today
If you want to enter the world of crafting, our Sculpey® polymer clays for beginners are a great place to start. Browse our range of polymer products to find the right clay to bring your vision to life. We supply the tools, you supply the creativity!