Air-Dry Polymer Clay From Sculpey®
Sculpey® Air-Dry™ clay is one of two air-dry modeling clays offered by Sculpey® — the other being Sculpey® Air-Dry™ Porcelain Clay.
Features of Sculpey® Air-Dry™ polymer clay include:
- Ability to air-dry
- Nontoxic and safe
- Perfect for keepsake prints
- Suitable for a multitude of projects
- Durable and hard once completely dry
- Ideal for making jewelry and holiday-themed ornaments
- Exceptional malleability offers limitless possibilities
- Compact and durable, making crafting and sculpting incredibly fun
- Can be carved, drilled, sanded and painted with markers or acrylic-based paints
Tips for Working With Sculpey® Air-Dry™ Polymer Clay
For the best results, keep the following tips in mind when crafting with air-dry polymer clay:
- Plan to work on a nonporous, well-cleaned and smooth surface. We recommend a metal sheet, ceramic tile, index cards, aluminum foil or the Sculpey® Oven-Safe Work Mat.
- Try to open only what you need at one time and leave the rest of the clay tightly sealed or wrapped in storage. Air-dry polymer clay is designed to air-dry and may harden prematurely if left unsealed.
- Knead the Sculpey® Air-Dry™ clay before shaping it into your desired creations.
- Lay or stand your air-dry polymer clay projects on one of the surfaces listed above in an area with low humidity.
- Let your work remain undisturbed and untouched for approximately two hours to ensure the piece completely dries.
- Use a combination of multimedia materials, crafting tools and your hands to mold air-dry clay into the design or shape you desire.
- Remember, the sky's the limit — create unique textures and patterns and incorporate mixed media elements where you see fit!
Let Creative Design Ideas From Sculpey® Artists Inspire Your Next Project
Beginner and seasoned crafters alike love to use Sculpey® Air-Dry™ clay to create stunning jewelry, picture frames and home decor items. Find inspiration for your next air-dry polymer clay project by perusing what other artists have done, including:
Start Crafting With Air-Dry Polymer Clay Today
For over 50 years, Sculpey® has been bringing high-quality products from our business to your home. We strive to help you bring your imagination to life with inspiring pieces from talented artists and clayers worldwide. When you're ready to get started, browse our air-dry polymer clay line, as well as tools and accessories designed to make crafting easy and fun.
Order Sculpey® Air-Dry™ polymer clay online today and bring your unique visions to life with flair.