Liquid Polymer Clay
Of the many lines of clay available today, the flexibility of liquid polymer clay makes it a standout. Incredibly versatile and bakeable, liquid polymer clay can be used for grout in mosaics, window clings, in bakeable silicone molds then used in jewelry and home decor projects or embellishment for other clay projects.
What Is Liquid Polymer Clay?
Liquid polymer clay is just what its name implies — polymer clay in liquid form, often sold in squeeze bottles. This liquid makes an excellent bakeable polymer clay glue to enhance the bond between pieces of clay. While liquid polymer clay bakes in entirely the same way as regular polymer clay, it behaves differently from its solid counterpart.
When cured with heat, liquid polymer clay mimics its solid counterpart and forms a flexible yet solid mass.
What Are the Different Finishes of Liquid Polymer Clay From Sculpey®?
Liquid Sculpey® liquid polymer clay is available in 3 types of finishes:
- - Gold
- - Silver
- - Pearl
- - Peacock Pearl
- - Navy Metallic
- - Garnet Metallic
What Is Liquid Polymer Clay Used For?
Liquid Polymer clay has a variety of uses which makes it an ideal crafting medium!
- - To soften crumbly clay.
- - To seal your beads.
- - With pigments to make a faux ceramic and other unique faux effects.
- - To make your own patterned sheets to put into bezels.
- - As a bakeable glue to enhance the bond between clay pieces.
- - As a drizzle for polymer clay food miniatures.
- - As a fixative for surface effects.
- - As a clearcoat or coating in the place of a varnish.
- - To create multi-layered effects — the translucents work great for this!
- - Window and mirror clings
- - In molds to create jewelry and home decor pieces
- - To transfer photos on clay and other objects, glazing polymer clay creations or combining your own shades of liquid clays
How to Use Thinner and Clay Softener With Liquid Sculpey®
Sculpey® has a thinner and clay softener that you can use with Liquid Sculpey® to thin out the liquids if they are too thick for your project.
Just a few drops of Sculpey® Liquid Clay Softener quickly turns any batch of polymer clay into clay that's smooth, soft and easy to shape and knead.
Add a Little Wonder With Liquid Polymer Clay
To achieve specific effects, you can tint polymer clay with various pigments and paints, as well as mix it with:
- - Metal leaf or flakes.
- - Tinsel.
- - Mica powders.
- - Sequins.
- - Sand.
- - Dry flowers.
- - Glitters.
- - Spices.
Buy Liquid Polymer Clay Today
Sculpey® is proud to offer the best polymer clay on the market in a wide range of beautiful color palettes. Browse our clay lines and liquid polymer clay varieties and order your favorite Sculpey® oven-bake clay today!