Crafters also love Super Sculpey® for creating finely detailed finished sculptures. After curing in the oven, Super Sculpey® can be drilled, carved, sanded and painted with water-based acrylic paints.
Super Sculpey®: A Clay for Doll Makers and Sculptors
Loved by doll makers, artists and animation studios around the world, Super Sculpey® is prized for its ceramic-like feel and semi-translucent beige shade that mimics the glow of real skin after baking.
Although Super Sculpey® comes in one shade, clayers often mix it with Sculpey® III or premo Sculpey® to change its color. Other advantages to using Super Sculpey® include:
- - Its ease of conditioning right out of the package.
- - A formula that remains soft until baked.
- - Its fine detailing and tooling characteristics — Super Sculpey® does not "fill in" after tooling.
Super Sculpey® Firm
Polymer clay that is too soft can sometimes be prone to bending and blurring — but not Super Sculpey® Firm. Sculptors can easily tool, detail and carve this clay. Professional sculptors and photographers working in animation studios can see even the tiniest of details in Super Sculpey® Firm — and, when necessary, catch them on film.
Super Sculpey® Firm is grey and can be drilled, sanded, carved and painted with water-based acrylic paint.
Super Sculpey® Medium Blend
Super Sculpey® Medium is the perfect mix of both Super Sculpey® Firm and Super Sculpey®. Super Sculpey® Medium:
- - Allows clayers to carve details into their clay effortlessly.
- - Is firm enough to hold its shape yet malleable enough to build and blend pieces.
- - Allows you to build up more additive methods and focus on building out shapes in small increments.
- - Achieves a premium level of pliability after being kneaded slightly.
- - Blends smoothly and cuts down on sanding time.
- - Is chip and shatter-resistant and available in an easy-to-cut scored bar.
Super Sculpey® Living Doll
Super Sculpey® Living Doll polymer clay creates lifelike figurines with fine, realistic features and blends effortlessly to make stunning models and dolls. Using Super Sculpey® Living Doll clay offers crafters numerous advantages thanks to its premium features:
- - Made for smooth bending
- - Remains soft and malleable right out of the - package
- - Flexible and workable
- - Size and color are retained even after baking
- - Incredibly durable, professional-grade material
- - Finish that won't show seams when baked
Bake Super Sculpey® at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes per 1/4 inch of thickness. Once your project has cooled completely, you can glaze Super Sculpey® with Sculpey® Glaze or paint with acrylics.
Store Super Sculpey® away from direct sunlight in a cool, dry area. If stored properly, this polymer clay will keep almost indefinitely.
Order Clay From Sculpey®
Sculpey® is excited to inspire you to create with the best polymer clay on the market.
If you have questions about which Super Sculpey® line is best for your project, please reach out to a representative online. Ready to get started? Order Super Sculpey® online today for a remarkable creating experience.