Sculpey® Soufflé™ Polymer Clay
Sculpey® Soufflé™ is a lightweight polymer clay ideal for advanced techniques such as mokume gane, caning and bargello. This polymer clay is self-supporting and durable, making it excellent for large clay creations. Sculpey® Soufflé™ resists cracking and has a unique ability to hold fine details.
Choose from 22 fashion-forward Sculpey® Soufflé™ colors and enjoy a beautifulsuede-like finish after this clay has baked. Souffle™ is so flexible it can be cut and sewn after baking – perfect for embellishing bags, making tags, enhancing paper crafting and more!
How to Work With Sculpey® Soufflé™ Clay
Ensure your hands and work surface are clean before working with Sculpey® Soufflé™ polymer clay. Other tips for working with Sculpey® Soufflé™ include:
- - Recommended work surfaces are the Sculpey® Oven-Safe Work Mat, wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil.
- - Work with light colors before dark colors to avoid staining the clay with your fingers.
- - Condition clay by kneading until soft and smooth.
- - Press any separate pieces of clay firmly together to ensure they stick after baking.
- - Sculpey® Soufflé™ bakes to finished hardness in any home oven — bake at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes per 1/4 inch thickness. It does not require painting.
- - Do not use a microwave oven or exceed the recommended baking temperature or time.
All About Sculpey® Soufflé™ Canes
For some, canes represent one of the most fascinating aspects of polymer clay crafting. From simple lace canes to kaleidoscopes, the sky's the limit with what you can create. Another great thing about working with polymer clay canes is that you can manipulate a cane of any shape into another. You can also combine canes to create multi-cane varieties.
Canes made with stacks or layers include jellyroll canes, striped canes and folded canes. You can also try your hand at shaping canes with insertions or indentations for more complex patterns.
Sculpey® Soufflé™ Polymer Clay Designs
Sculpey® Soufflé™ polymer clay is ideal for jewelry making and can be used by both beginner and experienced clayers. For inspiration for your next project, be sure to check out:
Get Inspired With Sculpey® Soufflé™ Polymer Clay
Experience a different kind of polymer clay with Sculpey® Soufflé™. Visit our clay lines page to order your Sculpey® Soufflé™ polymer clay today, or browse our beading tools for some creative jewelry inspiration.
For questions on how to best use your Sculpey® Soufflé™ polymer clay, feel free to reach out to a Sculpey® representative online.