Sculpey® III oven-bake clay is the perfect medium for those who work best with their hands. This popular polymer clay maintains detailing, tooling and texturing due to its pliable yet stable form. Sculpey® III comes in 44 vibrant colors — from Turquoise and Emerald to Princess Pearl and Gold — and maintains detailing and tooling beautifully.
Once baked, Sculpey® III oven-bake clay assumes a matte, bisque-type finish. You can completely personalize any oven-bake clay piece with glitter, paints and other embellishments.
Sculpey® III: Ideal for Beginners and Kids
Sculpey® III is perfect for first-time crafters and kids due to its soft, easy-to-use texture. This oven-bake clay:
- Will stay soft until baked in your home oven.
- Can be stored and reused — will not dry out!
- Is easy to clean, bend and manipulate, making it a great introduction to crafting.
- Can be painted, drilled, sanded and carved once cured. You can even blend two or more colors to achieve the desired shade.
- Features a variety of bright colors and finishes, including translucent hues, metallics and glow-in-the-dark.
For Sculpey® III oven-bake clay, preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 15 minutes per 1/4 inch of thickness. An adult should complete the baking process — do not microwave the clay or exceed the recommended temperature or baking time.
To test the curing, press the tip of your fingernail into the bottom of your piece after it has cooled — it should leave a mark without entering or puncturing the clay.
How Do I Care for Oven-Bake Clay Creations?
To take the best care of your polymer clay creations, make sure to:
- Use a feather duster to remove surface dust.
- Keep the piece away from harsh chemicals when cleaning. Do not place your clay creations in a dishwasher, as heat and water will cause damage.
- Store your designs indoors. If exposed to direct sunlight, Sculpey® III oven-bake clay will fade over time.
Get Creative With Sculpey® III
At Sculpey®, we supply the tools and you supply the creativity. Are you ready to turn your imagination into something you can hold?