Sculpey Premo Polymer Clay
Premo Sculpey® is a clayer's dream come true! After conditioning, premo clay is soft enough to blend easily but is firm enough to hold fine detail and specialized techniques.
Choose from 2-ounce, 8-ounce or 1-pound quantities, 54 bold colors including glitters, metallics, stones and opal.
Why Choose Sculpey Premo™?
Curious about all the hype surrounding premo Sculpey®? Because premo retains its softness and flexibility, the finished product will remain durable. Premo Sculpey® is the go-to choice for jewelry-making techniques like mokume gane and caning. This polymer clay is also great for millefiore beads and canes, mica shift, delicate scrapbook pages, glass adornments or faux semi-precious stones.
You can easily blend premo with various colors for customized clay creations.
Sculpey Premo™ Polymer Clay
Ready to get even more creative? Our line of Sculpey Premo consists of enriched clays that allow for unique and exciting projects using an artist's palette.
- - Seven pearlized colors perfect for creating faux semi-precious stones
- - Five metallic hues containing tiny mica particles
- - Two translucents to lighten clays and provide a transparent effect
- - One granite containing elements that lend the appearance of natural stones
- - Nine glitters for creating projects with a sparkly finish
- - Two bright fluorescents with a pop of color
How to Start Creating With Sculpey Premo™ Polymer Clay
Thought only seasoned clayers could use premo Sculpey®? Think again! If you're just getting started, we've put together a few simple steps to help you execute your first polymer clay creation:
- - Prepare a work surface. We recommend working on the Sculpey® Oven-Safe Work Mat, wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil.
- - Keep in mind that you must keep your hands and work surface clean when switching between clay colors.
- - Choose a design and use a tutorial or photo to guide you.
- - Cut the clay and warm it with your hands.
- - Sculpt your premo Sculpey®. You'll want both fine-tipped and rounded tools.
- - Texture the surface of the polymer clay with items like texture sheets, sandpaper or a toothbrush.
- - Bake polymer clay according to package instructions. Premo Sculpey® takes 30 minutes to bake at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for every 1/4 inch of thickness.
- - Allow to cool.
- - Add sealant or paint accents if desired.
Sculpey Premo Polymer Clay: Mokume Gane
The sky's the limit when it comes to creating beautiful mokume gane pieces with premo Sculpey®. Examples of our featured mokume gane polymer clay pieces and techniques include:
Order Premium Polymer Clay From Sculpey®
Ready to get excited about a new project? Browse our projects page for inspiration or shop online for your next batch of Sculpey Premo today.