Sculpey Premo™ Polymer Clay
Sculpey Premo™ is a clayer's dream come true! With dozens of colors and styles to choose from, you'll find endless sculpting possibilities. This clay is perfect for a range of crafts and projects, whether you're a professional or just getting started with clay. After conditioning, premo clay is soft enough to blend easily but is firm enough to hold fine detail and specialized techniques.
You can choose from 2-ounce, 8-ounce or 1-pound quantities and 54 bold colors including glitters, metallics, granites and opal. Discover your next creation with Sculpey Premo™ today!
Why Choose Sculpey Premo™?
Curious about all the hype surrounding Sculpey Premo™? There's a reason it's known as the best! Sculpey Premo™ polymer clay retains its softness and flexibility, which means that the finished product will remain durable. Sculpey Premo™ is the go-to choice for jewelry-making techniques like mokume gane and caning thanks to its ability to hold details and highly saturated colors. This polymer clay is also great for millefiore beads and canes, mica shift, delicate scrapbook pages, glass adornments or faux semi-precious stones.
You can easily blend Sculpey Premo™ with various colors for customized clay creations. Unleash your inner artist and make unique projects and pieces with one-of-a-kind color combinations.
Sculpey Premo™ Polymer Clay
Ready to get even more creative? Our line of Sculpey Premo™ consists of enriched clays that allow for unique and exciting projects using an artist's palette. Saturated pigments and eyecatching additions, like glitter and metallics, bring an extra pop to any design.
Check out our available Sculpey Premo™ colors:
- Seven pearlized colors: Perfect for creating faux semi-precious stones and jewelry.
- Five metallic hues: Containing tiny mica particles, these colors add a special shine to any project.
- Two translucents: These translucents lighten clays and provide a stunning transparency effect.
- One granite: This Sculpey Premo™ clay contains elements that lend the appearance of natural stones, great for jewelry, home decor and organic designs.
- Nine glitters: If you want to create a project that stands out, these clays give you a sparkly finish.
- Two bright fluorescents: Make any project a statement piece with a pop of color from our fluorescent Sculpey Premo™ clays.
How to Start Creating With Sculpey Premo™ Polymer Clay
Thought only seasoned clayers could use Sculpey Premo™? Think again! This clay is great for beginners and professionals alike. If you're just getting started in the world of clay arts and crafts, we've put together a few simple steps to help you execute your first polymer clay creation:
- Prepare a work surface: We recommend working on the Sculpey® Oven-Safe Work Mat, wax paper, a metal baking sheet, or disposable foil to keep your space clean as you create. Keep in mind that you must keep your hands and work surface clean when switching between clay colors to avoid unintentional color blending.
- Pick your design: Choose a design and use a tutorial or photo to guide you. If you're just starting out, a tutorial is a great way to learn new techniques and develop your clay skills.
- Cut the clay: After you cut the clay, keep it warm with your hands. Handling the clay will improve its malleability so you can easily shape and form it to fit your design.
- Sculpt your Sculpey Premo™: You'll want both fine-tipped and rounded tools to shape the clay and add details to your work. You can add texture to the surface of the polymer clay with items like texture sheets, sandpaper or a toothbrush.
- Bake the clay: Once you've finished molding your creation, bake the polymer clay according to package instructions. Premo Sculpey® takes 30 minutes to bake at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for every 1/4 inch of thickness.
- Allow the clay to cool: Be careful handling hot clay out of the oven. Give the polymer clay enough time to cool before continuing your project.
- Add your finishing touches: Once the clay is cool, you can use sealant, paint accents or other additions to enhance your work if desired.
Sculpey Premo™ Polymer Clay: Mokume Gane
Many clayers use our polymer clay to sculpt mokume gane figures. The sky's the limit when it comes to creating beautiful mokume gane pieces with Sculpey Premo™. Examples of our featured mokume gane polymer clay pieces and techniques include:
Order Premium Polymer Clay From Sculpey®
Ready to get excited about a new project? Whether this is your first time using polymer clay or you have years of experience, Sculpey Premo™ is the perfect clay for whatever creation you have in mind. Browse our projects page for inspiration or shop online for your next Sculpey Premo™ multipack or kit today.