Getting Started with Liquid Sculpey:
Please make sure your work area is covered and you are not working on an unprotected surface. We recommend working on the Sculpey® Oven Safe Work Mat, wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Uncured Liquid Polymer Clay may damage unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Be sure to cover your crafting area appropriately. - Stir Liquid Sculpey® completely.
Thin with Sculpey® Liquid Clay Softener as needed - Wash hands after use (we have found that baby wipes work best)
• It is important to use oven thermometer when you bake the liquids so that you can ensure your oven is at the correct temperature. • Do not microwave the liquids. They must be baked in a Preheated oven at 275 ºF (130 ºC) for liquid colors and 300 ºF (149 ºC) for Clear – Do not exceed baking temperatures. • If your piece is less than 1/4” bake for 15 minutes. For thicker pieces that are 1/4” or above bake for 30 minutes. • If your liquid project has become yellowed or discolored in the oven, when you remake it, tent it by placing either – folding an index card in half and placing your project under it or by using aluminum foil over your project.
Squeeze a wide band of Sculpey Liquid Garnet inside the jar about halfway down.
Paint the inside of the jar with a thin coat. Bake right side up in a glass or silicon pan at 300F for 10 minutes. Cool.
Add a second coat of liquid clay. Bake upside-down in a glass or silicon pan at 300 for 10 minutes. Cool.
Trim evenly around the inside rim of the jar with a craft knife. Add a twine bow and enjoy!
The Liquid Sculpey® Garnet Metallic Shimmer-Jar is an easy project you can do at home in 45 minutes or less. Whether you're looking for a project to engage your kids, friends or family, or simply want to get creative and have some fun, this metallic shimmer clay jar is the perfect venture for you.
What Is Liquid Sculpey® Garnet Metallic?
Liquid Sculpey® Garnet Metallic is ideal for adding flair and drama to any project. Liquid polymer clay is perfect for beginners. It's simple to use and a versatile product that can be used as grout, to embellish clay, for image transfers and window clings and in Sculpey Tools™ Oven-Safe Silicone Molds.
Liquid polymer clay is a slightly sticky, viscous, medium-density liquid that must be baked in the oven to harden. It starts out as a liquid and then bakes to solid, lightweight and flexible pieces! This compound does not require softening and does not cure or dry when exposed to air.
How to Make a Metallic Shimmer Clay Jar With Liquid Sculpey®
In addition to a 1-ounce package of Liquid Sculpey® Garnet Metallic, you'll need twine, scissors, a paintbrush and a cute short jar for your shimmer clay jar project. Once you have your materials and a covered work surface — you can use disposable foil, a metal baking sheet, wax paper or the Sculpey Tools™ Oven-Safe Work Mat — you're ready to start! It's essential to cover your workspace crafting area appropriately, as uncured liquid polymer clay may damage unprotected finished surfaces or furniture.
After you have stirred Liquid Sculpey® thoroughly and thinned with Sculpey® Liquid Clay Softener as needed, follow these seven steps to make your Liquid Sculpey® Garnet Metallic Shimmer-Jar:
- - Preheat your home oven at 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not exceed baking temperatures or use a microwave. Use an oven thermometer to ensure your oven is at the correct temperature before baking the Liquid Sculpey® Garnet Metallic.
- - Inside the jar about halfway down, squeeze a wide band of Liquid Sculpey® Garnet Metallic. It should make a wide stripe that coats the inside of the glass.
- - Use a paintbrush to paint the inside of the jar with a thin coat.
- - Bake jar right-side-up in a silicone or glass pan at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Remove jar from oven and cool.
- - Add another coat of liquid clay. Place jar upside-down and bake in a silicone or glass pan at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- - Use a craft knife to trim proportionately around the jar's inner rim. Tie a twine bow around the top of the jar and enjoy!
- - Wash hands after using clay — we've found that baby wipes work best.
Buy High-Quality Liquid Sculpey® Garnet Metallic Online Today
At Sculpey®, you'll find various crafting tools, multiple types of clay and a wide selection of accessories for everything from making ornaments and jewelry to keeping your claying gear organized.
Ready to turn a clear jar into a dazzling masterpiece? Buy premium Liquid Sculpey® Garnet Metallic and get started on your metallic shimmer clay jar today!