Please make sure your work area is covered and you are not working on an unprotected surface. We recommend working on the Sculpey® Work ‘n Bake Clay Mat, wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Uncured Liquid Bakable Medium may damage unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Be sure to cover your crafting area appropriately
- Gently stir the bottle of liquid bakeable medium.
- Wash hands after use (we have found that baby wipes work best)
- It is important to use oven thermometer when you bake the liquids so that you can ensure your oven is at the correct temperature.
- Do not microwave the liquids. They must be baked in a Preheated oven at 300 ºF (149 ºC) for liquid colors and 325 ºF (163 ºC) for Clear.
– Do not exceed baking temperatures.
- If you are using the liquids as a glaze or in thin pieces less than ¼ inch bake for 15 minutes. For thicker pieces that are ¼ or above bake for 30 minutes.
- If you are baking on a ceramic tile then you will also need to bake at 30 minutes since it will take longer for the tile to heat up. This will ensure the proper fusing of the liquid material.
- When baking these liquids you may experience some vapors or a slight odor. This is not harmful and will not affect your creation.
-If your liquid project has become yellowed or discolored in the oven, when you remake it, tent it by placing either
– folding an index card in half and placing your project under it or by using aluminum foil over your project.
The Sculpey Mandala mold is perfect for this project. Its beautiful design will create a perfect lace design.
Pour white liquid Sculpey on each pattern of the mold. You may also choose a metallic color Liquid Sculpey, perfect for Christmas decor.
With the included squeegee, help the clay going through mandalas.
Once all of your designs are filled, scrape one last time to remove the excess. Bake according to instructions.
Once cooled, remove the Mandala pieces from the mold. Look how easy and satisfying it is!
Re-do the process 3 or 4 times to have a bigger quantity of every pieces.
Start arranging every pieces together to create a complete and complex pattern. Work directly on your baking pan.
When you are satisfied, add Liquid Sculpey to glue each piece to other ones.
Fill tiny holes and when you glued everything and have an approx 8’’ lace, bake it.
Look how nice, soft and delicate is your polymer clay lace ! It’s time to assemble it with the embroidery hoop.
Center the pattern, assemble and tighten the wooden parts with the screws.
You now have your handmade Boho dreamcatcher, perfect for your home decor. To hang on walls or to put on your desk, it’s perfectly trendy.