Do not use unbaked clay on unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Start with clean hands and work surface area. Good work surfaces include wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean your hands in between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275 °F (130 °C) for 15 minutes per 1/4” (6 mm) thickness. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME. Wash hands after use. Baking should be completed by an adult.
Begin by preheating oven to 275 °F (130 °C). Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay.
Use White Clay To
• For the body- Create a large tear drop shape about 1 1/4” long.
• For the head- Create a smaller tear drop shape about 1” long.
• For the arms- Create 2 longer narrow logs about 2 1/16” long. Gently flatten and create a round shape at one end to form the hands.
• For the legs- Create 2 long narrow logs about 2 3/8” long. Gently bend the end of one end to form a foot shape.
• For the nose- Create a small triangle from a pinch of clay.
• For the strips- Roll out a sheet of clay and cut several thin strips to wrap around the mummy body.
Use Black Clay To:
• For the eyes- Create a two very small balls
Press the head onto the body. Press the eyes and nose onto the face. Wrap the head and body with strips. Press arms and legs to the body and shape the mummy to the bowl. Remove the arms and legs, wrap with the strips and replace them on the body.
Bake according the directions above.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and get special sales, product sneak peeks, projects and more!
Add a little fun to your inbox!
Sign Up for our Newsletter
And add a little fun to your inbox!
Sign up for the Sculpey newsletter and discover new products, new projects and exclusive crafting tutorials.