Please make sure your work area is covered and you are not working on an unprotected surface. We recommend working on the Sculpey® Work ‘n Bake Clay Mat, wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Uncured Liquid Bakable Medium may damage unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Be sure to cover your crafting area appropriately.
- Gently stir the bottle of liquid bakeable medium.
- Wash hands after use (we have found that baby wipes work best)
Squeeze the Glam Metallics color of your choice into a well on the Jewelry Silicone Bakeable Mold. NOTE : You can also use Gold or Silver Liquid Polymer Clay.
Use a toothpick to move the liquid around the pendant hole stem.
Use a toothpick to swirl the liquid to create a gentle pattern.
- It is important to use oven thermometer when you bake the liquids so that you can ensure your oven is at the correct temperature.
- Do not microwave the liquids. They must be baked in a Preheated oven at 275 ºF (135 ºC) for Glam Metallics (Rose Gold, Bronze and Peacock) ( and 300 ºF (148 ºC) for Gold and Silver – Do not exceed baking temperatures.
- If you are using the liquids as a glaze or in thin pieces less than ¼ inch bake for 15 minutes. For thicker pieces that are ¼ or above bake for 30 minutes.
- If you are baking on a ceramic tile then you will also need to bake at 30 minutes since it will take longer for the tile to heat up. This will ensure the proper fusing of the liquid material.
- When baking these liquids you may experience some vapors or a slight odor. This is not harmful and will not affect your creation.
Pop the pendant from the mold.
Use detail scissors to trim any excess from the edges. Use the toothpick to pierce the hole if needed.
Using pliers, attach a jump-ring through the hole and attach to a chain.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and get special sales, product sneak peeks, projects and more!
Add a little fun to your inbox!
Sign Up for our Newsletter
And add a little fun to your inbox!
Sign up for the Sculpey newsletter and discover new products, new projects and exclusive crafting tutorials.