• Hairpin blanks
• Alcohol Ink (optional)
• Small ball of scrap clay
Please make sure your work area is covered and you are not working on an unprotected surface. We recommend working on the Sculpey® Oven Safe Work Mat, wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Uncured Liquid Polymer Clay may damage unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Be sure to cover your crafting area appropriately.
- Stir Liquid Sculpey® completely. Thin with Sculpey® Liquid Clay Softener as needed
- Wash hands after use (we have found that baby wipes work best)
- It is important to use oven thermometer when you bake the liquids so that you can ensure your oven is at the correct temperature.
- Do not microwave the liquids. They must be baked in a Preheated oven at 275 ºF (130 ºC) for liquid colors and 300 ºF (149 ºC) for Clear – Do not exceed baking temperatures.
- If you are using the liquids as a glaze or in thin pieces less than ¼ inch bake for 15 minutes. For thicker pieces that are ¼ or above bake for 30 minutes.
- If you are baking on a ceramic tile then you will also need to bake at 30 minutes since it will take longer for the tile to heat up. This will ensure the proper fusing of the liquid material.
- When baking these liquids you may experience some vapors or a slight odor. This is not harmful and will not affect your creation.
- If your liquid project has become yellowed or discolored in the oven, when you remake it, tent it by placing either – folding an index card in half and placing your project under it or by using aluminum foil over your project.
Stir the Liquid Sculpey Confetti Clear until it is well mixed. Fill the larger heart in the Whimsy Mold half full with Liquid Sculpey Confetti Clear. Bake for 10 minutes at 300F. Cool.
Place the hair pin into the heart mold on top of the baked Confetti Clear. Prop it up with a tiny ball of scrap clay; so it lays flat. Fill the heart mold the rest of the way, covering the base of the hairpin blank. Bake 10 min at 300F.
To make additional colors of hairpins, add a drop of any alcohol ink color to the Confetti Clear and repeat steps. Fun, huh?
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and get special sales, product sneak peeks, projects and more!
Add a little fun to your inbox!
Sign Up for our Newsletter
And add a little fun to your inbox!
Sign up for the Sculpey newsletter and discover new products, new projects and exclusive crafting tutorials.