City skylines provide the motivation for students to explore an architectural landscape. The colors, textures and overlap make these miniature city scenes easy and fun to make for inventive children.
Goals – Students will:
- Explore the architecture of cities.
- Create a landscape in 3-dimensional relief.
- Condition and roll polymer clay slabs in a chosen harmony of colors.
- Make a variety of architectural building sizes and shapes.
- Add a variety of textures to imitate architectural details.
- Layer buildings to create a sense of spatial depth.
- Create a small vehicle to add a sense of scale, and to complete the scene.