• Pearl Ex Micro Pearl mica powder
• Assorted ribbons,
• Small watercolor brush for applying the mica powders
Please make sure your work area is covered and you are not working on an unprotected surface. We recommend working on the Sculpey® Work ‘n Bake Clay Mat, wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Uncured clay may damage unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Be sure to cover your crafting area appropriately.
Start with clean hands, unwrap and knead clay until soft and smooth, or condition by running clay though a Pasta Machine. We recommend using a designated machine for clay purposes only. When working with multiple colors, clean hands with soap and water or baby wipes (we have found that baby wipes work best) before switching colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces firmly together. Wash hands after use.
Begin by preheating oven to 275 °F (130 °C). After you are done creating; for best results bake clay on an oven-proof surface such metal, aluminum foil, an index card or the Sculpey® Clay Mat at 275°F (130 °C) for 15 minutes per ¼" (6 mm) thickness according to package directions. Oven safe glass or ceramic surfaces are also acceptable for baking; however please note that the baking times may take longer as the glass or ceramic surfaces take longer to heat up. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME.
Roll out a sheet of Sky Blue Clay on the #1 setting on the Clay Conditioning Machine.
Using the 1.75” (second from largest) Diamond cutter, cut out 6 diamonds.
Using the .75” (smallest) cutter, cut out a diamond shape into the top of each larger diamond. Set these small diamond shapes aside.
Using the 1” (second smallest) cutter, cut out six diamond shapes.
Using the .75” cutter, cut out six more diamond shapes.
1. Lay the largest diamond shapes together with the solid end pointed to the center. Press them gently together at the sides – leaving a star shape in the center.
2. Add the 1” diamond shapes in between each of the larger diamonds, along the outside of the star.
3. Add the .75” diamond shapes on top of the larger diamonds. Each larger diamond gets one smaller diamond on top of the solid area closest to the center and over the area where the 1” diamond and larger diamond meet.
Using the brush add mica powder over top of entire ornament.
Bake as directed above in Step 1. When completely cooled, add ribbon for hanging.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and get special sales, product sneak peeks, projects and more!
Add a little fun to your inbox!
Sign Up for our Newsletter
And add a little fun to your inbox!
Sign up for the Sculpey newsletter and discover new products, new projects and exclusive crafting tutorials.