• Mini wood frame 4" x 3"
• Nails, nuts, screws
• Rubber stamp for texture
• Spray bottle with water
Please make sure your work area is covered and you are not working on an unprotected surface. We recommend working on the Sculpey® Work ‘n Bake Clay Mat, wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Uncured clay may damage unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Be sure to cover your crafting area appropriately.
Start with clean hands, unwrap and knead clay until soft and smooth, or condition by running clay though a Pasta Machine. We recommend using a designated machine for clay purposes only. When working with multiple colors, clean hands with soap and water or baby wipes (we have found that baby wipes work best) before switching colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces firmly together. Wash hands after use.
Begin by preheating oven to 275 °F (130 °C). After you are done creating; for best results bake clay on an oven-proof surface such metal, aluminum foil, an index card or the Sculpey® Clay Mat at 275°F (130 °C) for 15 minutes per ¼" (6 mm) thickness according to package directions. Oven safe glass or ceramic surfaces are also acceptable for baking; however please note that the baking times may take longer as the glass or ceramic surfaces take longer to heat up. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME.
Using the Acrylic Roller, roll out the Blue Clay into a flat sheet. Spray stamp with water and stamp Blue clay to make pattern.
Gently place the frame on top of the Blue clay. Using the knife tool, gently cut around the outside edge and inside window, leaving a little bit of excess clay around the edges. Gently push the excess clay around to the backside of the frame to cover edges.
Using the Yellow clay:
• Make one 9/16” ball, using your fingers, gently shape into rectangle for head.
• Make one 5/8” ball, using your fingers, gently shape into rectangle for body.
• Make two 5/16” balls into egg shapes and flatten to bottom for feet.
• Make two 3/8” balls into tear drops for arms.
Using Black clay, roll two tiny balls for eyes. Use the pointed end of the modeling tool to make 2 small holes in the face to press the eyes into.
Make several small balls of Red and Yellow and shape into squares for buttons and antenna.
Assemble Robot as pictured. Using the modeling tools, to draw lines on face for eyebrows and mouth.
Using the Green clay:
• Make one 7/8” ball into circle and gently press to work surface to flatten back side for body.
• Make one 11/16” ball into oval with pointed ends for head.
• Make two 5/16” balls into oval for feet.
Using Orange clay:
• Make a 5/16” and a 1/4” ball and flatten for neck.
• Make various sized orange balls and flatten for arms (4 balls for each arm) , antenna (3 balls for each antenna) and legs (3 balls for each leg).
Using Black clay roll two tiny balls for eyes. Use the pointed end of the modeling tool to make 2 small holes in the face to press the eyes into.
Assemble robot as pictured.
Using the Orange clay:
• Make one 3/4" ball, using your fingers, shape gently into square for head.
• Make one 11/16" ball, using your fingers, shape gently into square for body.
• Make two 5 /16" balls into egg shape and flatten to bottom of body for feet.
• Make two 3/8" balls into tapered logs for arms and attach to side of body.
Make one Purple 1/4" ball and flatter for neck.
Make tow 1/8" balls of Purple and flatten. Press to head for eyes.
Using Black clay, roll two tiny balls for eye centers. Use the pointed end of the modeling tool to make 2 small holes in the eyes to press the eye centers into.
Make several sizes of Purple and Orange balls and shape into squares for buttons and antenna.
Assemble robot as pictured.
Press robots to frame and gently press screws, nuts, etc to frame before baking. Ensure that all pieces are firmly together before baking!
Bake all pieces on your baking surface. Bake according to directions above in Step 1.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and get special sales, product sneak peeks, projects and more!
Add a little fun to your inbox!
Sign Up for our Newsletter
And add a little fun to your inbox!
Sign up for the Sculpey newsletter and discover new products, new projects and exclusive crafting tutorials.