What Is Liquid Polymer Clay?
Liquid Sculpey is just what its name implies — polymer clay in liquid form, sold in squeeze bottles. This liquid also makes an excellent bakeable polymer clay glue to enhance the bond between other pieces of clay. When cured with heat, liquid polymer clay mimics its solid counterpart and forms a flexible yet solid mass.
While liquid clay bakes in entirely the same way as regular polymer clay, it behaves differently from its solid counterpart. The fluidity and flexibility of liquid polymer clay mean that it's best used with a mold. You can also use this polymer clay with other types of Sculpey clay. With a twist cap that allows you to control the flow and volume with precision, our liquid polymer clay can fill an entire mold or add detailed accents to any piece.
What Is Liquid Polymer Clay Used For?
Liquid polymer clay has a variety of uses which makes it an ideal crafting medium! There are endless possibilities when it comes to creating with liquid clay. Here are just a few suggestions for how you can use Liquid Sculpey® in your next craft or project:
- In molds to create jewelry and home decor pieces
- Soften crumbly clay
- Seal your beads
- Make a faux ceramic and other unique faux effects with pigments
- As a bakeable glue to enhance the bond between clay pieces
- As a drizzle for polymer clay food miniatures
- As a fixative for surface effects
- As a clearcoat or coating in the place of a varnish
- Create multi-layered effects — the translucents work great for this!
- Make window and mirror clings
- Transfer photos on clay and other objects, glazing polymer clay creations or combining your own shades of liquid clays
How to Use Thinner and Clay Softener With Liquid Sculpey®
Different projects call for clays of different thicknesses. Sculpey® has a thinner and clay softener that you can use with Liquid Sculpey® to alter the consistency of the liquids if they are too thick for your project. Just a few drops of Sculpey® liquid clay softener will quickly turn any batch of polymer clay into clay that's smooth, soft and easy to shape and knead. Check out our Sculpey Liquid Clay Thinner & Softener today.
Add a Little Wonder With Liquid Polymer Clay
Liquid polymer clay is a great way to explore and experiment with new, creative ideas. If you want to make a truly unique piece, feel free to add extras to your solid and liquid clays. To achieve specific effects, you can tint polymer clay with various pigments as well as mix it with:
- Metal leaf or flakes
- Mica powders
- Dry flowers