When you combine Sculpey® products and your imagination, you can create just about anything. That includes dazzling pendants to wear yourself, give away to loved ones or even sell. Liquid Sculpey® is a terrific product that allows you to construct the centerpiece for unique necklaces.
Tools to Make Pendants With Liquid Sculpey®
To get started learning how to make pendants with liquid polymer clay, take a few moments and gather all the tools you need.
first item you’ll want to have on hand is Liquid Sculpey®. In general,
crafters like to have several colors of Liquid Sculpey® at their
disposal. Start with the basics, such as silver, gold, neutrals and
primary colors. You can always mix some together for exotic and
will also want to have at least one, if not several, flexible silicone
molds that you only use for clay projects. You can find molds online
that offer traditional and unusual pendant shapes, including lacy
designs and teardrops.
It’s always best to have some plastic spoons, toothpicks, glitter and other add-ons in your workspace as you’re playing around with Liquid Sculpey®. Finally, you’ll need some type of regular or toaster oven to bake your liquid polymer clay pendants.
Ways to Create Pendants With Liquid Sculpey®
Below are some great beginner tips to make sure that your pendants have a unique finish and appealing look.
- Go slow: When squeezing Liquid Sculpey® into your molds, go slowly and steadily. After filling your silicone molds, use a toothpick to gently swirl the liquid and release any air bubbles.
- Add glitter: For dramatic flair, add a bit of flaky or chunky glitter into your mold well. Then, cover the glitter with any type of Liquid Sculpey® and stir gently to ensure the Sculpey® wraps around the glitter. Try transparent Liquid Sculpey® to really make your glitter stand out.
- Play with pastels: To give your transparent Liquid Sculpey® a one-of-a-kind hue, scrape chalk pastel particles onto a plastic spoon. Pour Liquid Sculpey® into the mold halfway. Add your scraped pastel particulate, stir to blend and then use more Liquid Sculpey® or pastels as needed. You’ll end up with a glassy look that's eye-catching and sophisticated.
- Try pearl Liquid Sculpey®: Do you want your pendants to have a somewhat pearl essence? Use pearl Liquid Sculpey® mixed with chalk pastel particles, as above. The result will be creamy rather than glassy.
- Create texture: For textured pendants, add a few drops of alcohol ink to the transparent Liquid Sculpey® when it's in the mold. If you're working with colored Liquid Sculpey®, use rubbing alcohol instead to add more visual interest to the final piece.
- Customize after baking: After your pendants have baked, you can customize them further by trimming edges with scissors or piercing the pendant hole with a toothpick skewer.
Start Making Pendants With Liquid Sculpey®
Now that you know how to make pendants with versatile liquid polymer clay, you can start exploring all the options at your fingertips. Purchase all the products you need today at Sculpey®.