Do not use unbaked clay on unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Start with clean hands and work surface area. Good work surfaces include wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean your hands in between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275°F (130°C) for 30 minutes per ¼" (6 mm) thickness. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME. Wash hands after use. Baking should be completed by an adult.
Begin by preheating oven to 275°F (130 °C). Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. For best results, condition all clay by running it through the clay dedicated pasta machine several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
Using the Acrylic Roller, roll out about 1/2 package of Twinkle Twinkle into a sheet about 1/4" thick and 6” wide.
Roll out a small amounts of Magenta, Jungle and Silver into thin sheets about 1” by 1”.
- Roll out a snake of translucent clay 1/4" diameter and 2” long.
- Make another snake, the same size, of White.
- Cut the Translucent snake into two pieces.
- Wrap one of the Translucent snakes in Jungle and the other Translucent snake in Magenta.
- Trim ends to just meet. Roll these snakes thinner until about 1/8” diameter.
- Wrap the White snake in Silver. Trim just where the silver clay meet and roll out the snake until its 1/8” diameter.
Cut very thin slices of the three canes and arrange them in clusters on the surface of the black clay. Press them gently into the clay, smoothing until the seams disappear.
Using the craft knife and template provided cut 3 pieces from the sheet of Twinkle Twinkle.
Using the Needle Tool, pierce holes about 3/4" deep into both sides of each piece. Make the holes 1/4"from the top. Bake as directed above and allow to cool completely.
- Take two eye pins and connect them together. You will need two sets of these.
- Insert both sets of these into both sides of the center piece of Twinkle Twinkle. Use a drop of super glue to secure.
- Insert an eye pin into the smaller ends of the two other pieces of Twinkle Twinkle. Use a drop of super glue to secure.
- Attach the two side pieces of Twinkle Twinkle to the middle piece using the eye pins. Use a drop of super glue to secure them.
Link the second chain into the first at about 1/2 the drop length. Attach the clay unit on both ends using jump rings. Link to the lower chain just below where it links to the upper chain. Add clasp on the end.