Test any paint, glaze or finish first by applying it to our clays once baked to see if they become sticky after several days. If a glaze or finish is compatible it will not become sticky and will dry within 24 hours.
• Water based acrylic paints
• Water based fabric paint (for applications that require flexibility)
• Sculpey Glaze* (Gloss or Satin)
• Wax base metallic pastes (e.g., Rub ‘n Buff)
• Powders (PearlEx Perfect Pearls)
• We do not recommend the use of either spray paints or spray glazes.
*NOTE: If our clays are sealed first with 2 - 3 coats of Sculpey brand glazes, most finishes and paints can be used on them.
* Before glazing a painted piece - Test a hidden section of the project first. Apply glaze and allow to dry completely. Observe for any interactions with glaze.